How was it?
Food: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Value: $$

Berry Frappe and Homemade Granola

I know, another post about brunch. But hey, who doesn’t love a nice lazy brunch? This time I had brunch at Bitton Gourmet Grocer & Cafe in Alexandria with Miss LV and Miss Toronto. I wasn’t planning on attending a ‘SIFF’ event, but it turns out that they were doing a brunch menu as part of the festivities. Yay for me! For $25 you get a three course brunch meal. First up is homemade granola with yoghurt, berries & orange jelly, which comes in a small champagne flute – it is the perfect starter, not overly soggy, with just a touch of sweetness. The berry frappe also arrives as part of the brunch special. This was a little bit too watery for us, so we stuck to the other drinks that we ordered.

Eggs Benedict

The second course was eggs benedict with smoked salmon. Perfectly poached eggs with smoked salmon, spinach and hollondaise sauce sitting on top of an english muffin. You can never go wrong with this combination, in my book! When I walked into the back area of the restaurant, I noticed a little play area for kids! So, Bitton is perfect for families with young ones  and also great for celebrations as they have a large seating area out the back.

Crepe

The third and final course was crepes (or crepe!). One lone beautiful crepe served with plum jam, this was super delicious. The only problem was that I wanted more!

Overall:

I really enjoyed our brunch at Bitton Gourmet and I’d definitely love to go back to try their lunch and dinner menus, as this little taste has really whet my appetite for more! The service was good and the area is relatively quiet on a weekend morning, so it’s perfect to laze about. Definitely a great place to bring kids; I spotted some amazing looking pancakes too! More delicious French-ness? Oui oui!

Bitton Gourmet Grocer & Cafe
36-37a Copeland St,
Alexandria NSW 2015
Tel: (02)9519 5111
Open 7 days
Sat – Tues: 7am – 5pm
Wednesday – Friday: 7am – 9pm
www.bittongourmet.com.au
Bitton Gourmet Cafe on Urbanspoon
You can now find The Hungry Girl on facebook!
For exclusive pics and updates, make sure to join in the fun:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

26 Responses to “Bitton Gourmet Grocer & Cafe (Let’s Do Brunch, SIFF 2010)”

Comments (26)
  1. Steph says:

Mmm I have so much love for brunch. The photo of the eggs benedict is totally drool-worthy and the plum jam sounds so good!

2. Shanks says:

Great shot of the eggs benedict I can almost taste it :)

3. Laura says:

my grandma lives right near here & i’ve never eaten here but i might have too, it looks yummy!

4. Nice brunch menu. I’ve been here a couple of times and for a person that isn’t fond of noisy children, it’s a bit off putting

5. You’re getting around to as many brunches as I am Sugar Hits. Your options may be a bit healthier though!

And I do love the food at Bitton, with its touches of French cafe throughout.

6. I really like Bitton. We had the normal lunch menu and the Beef Eye Fillet with Pommes Frites and Red Wine Sauce. Their breakfast menu is a must try. The Eggs Benedict looks like perfection

7. monica says:

the granola starter, is it mixed in ? didn’t look like there is any cereal bits in it, the crepe looked delicious !

8. Looks like just the right amount of food so you have room to enjoy everything (even if it’s good enough to still want more!).

9. the single crepe looks a little lonely but hot damn the eggs benedict are calling to me!

10. Argh- eggs benedict look great. Although I’m just to find a good frappe too. They are all too watery. I’m looking forward to trying one though so keep ordering, mostly in vain.

11. Gianna says:

great minds think alike! I had the brunch there with my mother dearest on the weekend and it was delicious! They did such a good brunch! I agree with suze though, when the lone crepe came out I was hoping it would have more friends! yum yum yum!

12. Brunch is possibly the most relaxing & loveliest of meals…, I would have chosen Eggs Benni out of this lot. Looks wonderful Betty.

13. you got all of that for $25? thats a bargin!! I think I would have licked all the hollandaise of the plate, I’m a freak for eggy sauces.

14. I am a brunch person too! Never get bored with reading yummilicious brunch posts.

15. Anna says:

hi there, i’ve added this post to our festival round-up http://tiny.cc/siff-wk2

to be included in nxt wks, be sure to email any festival posts you write

16. Tina says:

Ooh – I was thinking about the Bitton brunch too – thanks for the preview ;)

17. Again with the 3 course brunch, though this one looks less filling than your last post’s.

18. Hi Steph: Me too! Yes, I only wish there were more crepes!

Hi Shanks: Thank you :)

Hi Laura: You should definitely give it a go!

Hi John: Oh, yeah I was sitting outside so I didn’t notice the children, but I can imagine it being a little off putting.

Hi Mademoiselle Delicieuse: I’m a sucker for all thinks French!

Hi Amy: Oh, I need to go back to try the lunch menu. Sounds delicious!

Hi Monica: Yes, it was mixed in – it was kind of like a bircher muesli.

Hi Conor: Yep, just the right amount for one person :)

Hi Chocolatesuze: Yes, it was, I wish it had some friends!

Hi Gastronomy Gal: I don’t normally order frappes for that reason. One day when you find the perfect one, it will be totally worth it!

Hi Gianna: Oh cool! Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!

Hi Anna: Indeed it is!

Hi Maria: Haha yeah, it was definitely worthy of some licking of the plate action!

Hi Ellie: Thanks :)

Hi Anna: Thank you!

Hi Tina: You’re welcome :)

Hi Simon: Yes, again! Haha. There wasn’t as much food as Hyde Park, but it was satisfying and filling nonetheless :)

19. Joyti says:

Wow, the brunch foods looks amazing! The eggs benedict with smoked salmon sounds wonderful – especially ’cause I can actually eat it (dont eat pork or beef)…

20. Ooh I’ve always wanted to order the crepe but we order too much to eat and don’t save the stomach space. good to know that the crepe is worth it. It looks so lovely and thin! :D

21. panda says:

i was going to say, that crepe looks rather lonely! i could easily pile my plate up high with a dozen or two of those…mmmm….

22. Anita says:

That’s a nice sounding brunch!! I didn’t end up attending any of the SIFF activities… :( There were a few I wanted to do – but were a little expensive… I should have done brunch or I should do dessert somewhere…. hmmm Octobers too busy..

23. Hi Joyti: Eggs benedict would be my breakfast of choice, even though I can eat beef/pork! I love eggs :D

Hi Lorraine: It was so lovely, I only wish there was more. But then it was good, because it saved me from feeling like a massive pig! haha

Hi Panda: Me too!! haha… but it was good, just the right amount to satisfy!

Hi Anita: Yeah, I know how you feel. A lot of them were really expensive, but I thought the brunches were good value. I didn’t end up doing any sugar hits either, none of them really seemed to impress me anyways!

24. Yum! Looks delicious, I love going out for Brunch :)

25. Maria says:

Yum, I could do with that berry frappe right now!

26. Hi Susan: Me too, definitely my favourite meal!

Hi Maria: It would be great for hot/humid days!

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Calendar

October 2010
M T W T F S S
« Sep   Nov »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Thank you!

Thank you for stopping by!
I hope you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!
Feel free to leave a comment or email me.
And happy eating :)