How was it?
Food: 7.5/10
Service: 6/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Value: $

Before my trip to New York, I caught up for brunch with Miss LV and Miss Toronto. We met up on a Sunday morning at around 11am and waited about 10 minutes for our table. The queues did not subside until about 12.30-1pm, so it’s probably best to go a little bit earlier than 11 or later 1pm to beat the rush.

Eggs Baffi $13.00

If I have already planned to go to a restaurant, I normally like to browse around and see what other people have said about the particular place. I noticed a lot of people raving about the eggs baffi dish on the menu, so I had to try it! The eggs baffi consists of poached eggs with roasted mushrooms, feta, spinach and holladaise sauce. I loved this but I do have an extreme bias towards poached eggs! The star of the dish was definitely the tangy hollandaise sauce that combined everything together perfectly.

Potato Stack Hash $14.00

The potato stack hash was thin slices of potato (similar to a potato rosti) fried til golden crunchy – I love that brunch on the weekend is the perfect excuse to indulge a little bit :D ! The potato stack hash comes with double smoked ham, avocado, fresh tomato and lemon dressed rocket, topped with a poached egg. I loved this dish too and it was hard to pick between the two savouries, so I’d say go with more people and share (sharing is caring y’all!)

Ricotta Hotcakes $16.00

Yep, when ricotta hotcakes are on the menu, you’re pretty much garunteed that we’re going to be ordering them! Soft and fluffy hotckes with a generous portion of fresh strawberries, ricotta cheese, passionfruit and lemon curd. A sweet ending to a lovely brunch.

Overall:

Simple and delicious brunch fare in a relaxed atmosphere. The portion sizes were generous and I thought it was good value for money. The service was a little bit slow in the beginning because they were so packed, but it’s definitely worth the wait.

Baffi and Mo
94 Redfern St,
Redfern NSW 2016
Tel: (02) 8065 3294
Open 7 days 7am – 3pm

Baffi and Mo on Urbanspoon

Related Posts with Thumbnails

20 Responses to “Baffi and Mo, Redfern”

Comments (19) Pingbacks (1)
  1. linda says:

I love the fact that it opens at 7am. makes it easier for me to visit on saturday just before work. This is a pretty cool discovery, I’m eyeing the ricotta pancake.

2. MelbaToast says:

The potato stack hash looks so crispy and yum! In fact everything looks really tasty. I love the teacup and saucer in your first picture – very very cute.

3. Steph says:

Mmmm the eggs baffi look so good, it has some of my favourite things in it! Can we go out for brunch more often please??

4. Laura says:

interesting, sounds nice

5. How good are those ricotta hotcakes? And they make a mean coffee too… :)

6. angie says:

Ohh the cup and saucer are too cute! And those ricotta pancakes do look delightfully soft and fluffy too. Yum!!

7. Oh, those pancakes! Topped with what looks like a very generous portion of ricotta and strawberries…mmm!

8. Gianna says:

Love this place, I came here for lunch and got a sandwich, but wow the brekky on offer looks incredible!
    Can’t wait to visit it again :)

9. I love the presentation with the Eggs Baffi, sounds like a fab place to go.

10. I’m impressed with that ham – so sick of seeing obviously packet sandwich ham coming out of cafe kitchens! Could not go past the Eggs Baffi though, it’s making me want to go to bed right now so it’s breakfast time again.

11. Hi Linda: Oh those ricotta pancakes were so delicious! You should definitely go before work, and you probably won’t have to wait if you go that early!

Hi MelbaToast: Haha yep, every was pretty damn tasty! I thought so too :)

Hi Steph: Yes, we need to organise a brunch date!!

Hi Laura: It was very nice, you should check it out one day :)

Hi Tori: Omg so goood! I’m not a huge coffee drinker, but maybe I’ll give it a try next time :)

Hi Angie: Yes, those pancakes were so delightful indeed!!

Hi Mademoiselle Delicieuse: Oh yes, very generous with the ricotta and strawberries. I’ve only recently really got into the whole ricotta cheese with fruit thing and it’s amazing!

Hi Gianna: Oh nice! Yep, you should definitely try the breakfast!

Hi Anna: Definitely is a great brunch place, but very popular too which can be a bit annoying for the customer haha

Hi Conor: Yes, the ham was good! Haha I love breakfast! If only all my breakfasts’ could be like this everyday!

12. Susan says:

I love hollandaise sauce, but I find it doesn’t agree with me well in the morning hours :(

13. Damn! The servings are generous- especailly with all that mountain of ricotta

14. What a cute place-great find Betty! :D And sharing is caring I agree ;)

15. those hotcakes!!… omg!!!

16. Holy moly the eggs baffi looks so good! Well, that’s what I’m having next time.

Great pics!

17. Gosia says:

Beautiful blog, Regards

18. the ninja says:

The only time when sharing isn’t caring involves airborne diseases. Hotcakes look “infectiously” good har har

19. Just realised your blog somehow dropped off my reader! And I thought you hadn’t been postsing! So much catchup reading to do.. I’m a fan of poached eggs so I bet I’d like the eggs baffi too!

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Calendar

November 2010
M T W T F S S
« Oct   Dec »
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930

Thank you!

Thank you for stopping by!
I hope you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!
Feel free to leave a comment or email me.
And happy eating :)